The Golf Alpha Yankee Kickstarter has entered its final week and with less than 2k to go we’re so close! Thank you all so much for getting us this far! We are really making a difference together.
You might not know this but after reaching a Kickstarter goal, we're allowed to keep fundraising until the deadline. What does that mean? If we pass 30k before THIS SUNDAY at 11pm NYC time, we could even raise enough money to pay for our WISHLIST.
What's that? Some fantastic opportunities to make the film we all want to see look even better than we ever hoped...
Here are three ways we will use any extra money raised...
1) New follow up footage. Rick would like to visit some of the people in the film two years later to film what's going on now. You could imagine how this will provide much more perspective on being a gay refugee.
2) Interviews with officials from the UN and other organizations. Rick has been offered this opportunity and these interviews would provide an official framework for the film.
3) Get a celebrity in the film. Rick is currently working with a NY casting director. It's not about fame, of course, but rather about publicity. Imagine how much more exposure we would get with someone like Angelina Jolie or Sean Penn as the narrator. Imagine our film, being taken more seriously in movie theaters around the world, because of that.
We estimate that each goal will cost about 2k more. And trust us: it's worth the extra effort.
Already a Golf Alpha Yankee Kickstarter Supporter? Here are some ways to help make sure we meet (and surpass!) our fundraising goal. With 6 days left, THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER!
1) Share our Kickstarter page with the world! The more shares/tweets the merrier!
- Share our Kickstarter page on Facebook.
- Use this button to Tweet about us on Twitter!
2) Tell your family and friends! Haven’t told your family and friends yet about our documentary? Now’s the time! Give someone a call! Shoot someone a quick email or Facebook message with the link. Let your buddies know YOU NEED THEIR HELP!
Here's the short link: kck.st/1q3lA46
3) $1 makes all of the difference. $1 alone may not seem like a big deal, but those little donations add up quickly. If all of our supporters find 5 people to donate $1, that’s more than $1000!